STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
·DOWNSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
450 CLARKSON AVENUE, BOX 1194, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11203
|Department:||DIVISION OF COMPARATIVE MEDICINE||Job Title:||CLINICAL VETERINARIAN / CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (HS)|
|Professional Rank:||C5||Descriptive Title:||CLINICAL VETERINARIAN / CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (HS)|
|Salary Range:||COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS||Line Number:||20341|
|Additional Position Information: *Please ensure that you include the 5-digit Line Number and Job Title in the subject line and body of your email submission.|
|Brief Description of Duties:
Are you looking to take your career to new heights with a leader in healthcare? SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation's leading metropolitan medical centers. As the only academic medical center in Brooklyn, we serve a large population that is among the most diverse in the world. We are also highly-ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers, among the top 5 leading U.S. medical schools for training doctors.
The Division of Comparative Medicine at SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is seeking a full-time Clinical Veterinarian / Clinical Assistant Professor (HS), Laboratory Animal Care and Research. Reporting directly to the Institutional Officer for Research, the successful candidate will:
- Maintain the physical and psychological health of laboratory animals.
- Comply with regulations governing humane and ethical treatment and use of laboratory animals.
- Develop and ensure quality animal supply for studies.
- Advise researchers on the design, implementation, and completion of studies and assist with submission of IACUC protocols serving as the Attending Veterinarian.
- Participate in the teaching and training of Residents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABOVE POSITION DESCRIPTION
|All successful candidates must undergo various background checks, maintain credentials required for continued employment and adhere to the SUNY-DMC UHB Principles of Behavior. Clinical Faculty and Allied Health professionals must receive and maintain Medical Board authorization.|
- A DVM/VMD degree from an AVMA-accredited veterinary school to practice veterinary medicine in New York State.
- Licensure to practice veterinary medicine in New York State or the ability to obtain licensure in New York State within 90 days of employment is required.
- The ability to obtain an individual DEA practitioner registration is required.
- At least four years' prior experience in an academic environment.
- ACLAM board certification or board eligibility highly desirable.
- Veterinary clinical skills with a variety of USDA and non-USDA covered species, especially nonhuman primates.
|Posting ID: 19131||Ref #: FAC/20341-20|
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume along with a cover letter to ==>
Please include: Job Title( CLINICAL VETERINARIAN / CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (HS) ), Line( 20341 ) and PostingID( 19131 )
Closing date for Receipt of application: Open Until Filled
SUNY Downstate Medical Center offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familiar status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or criminal conviction.