STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
·DOWNSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
450 CLARKSON AVENUE, BOX 1194, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11203
|Department:||HEALTH POLICY & MANAGEMENT SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH||Job Title:||CHAIRMAN AND PROFESSOR|
|Professional Rank:||HS||Descriptive Title:||PROFESSOR AND CHAIR (HS)|
|Salary Range:||COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS||Line Number:||20857|
|Additional Position Information: *Please ensure you include the 5-digit Line Number and Job Title in the subject line and body of your email submission.|
|Brief Description of Duties:
Are you looking to take your career to new heights with a leader in healthcare? SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation's leading metropolitan medical centers. As the only academic medical center in Brooklyn, we serve a large population that is among the most diverse in the world. We are also highly-ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers, among the top 5 leading U.S. medical schools for training doctors.
The School of Public Health at SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is seeking a full time Professor and Chair.
We are seeking a visionary academic leader to support a significant time of growth in the Department of Health Policy and Management. As the departmentís chief administrative officer, the Chair will report directly to the Dean of the School of Public Health and will lead a dynamic group of faculty.
We are seeking applicants who have a demonstrated record of academic leadership and who are eligible to be appointed at the Associate or Full Professor with an award of tenure.
The successful candidate will:
- Have the opportunity to lead expansion of educational programs in the department, and which will supplement our existing MPH and certificate programs. These include development of PhD, DrPH and MHA degree programs, along with new certificate programs and online course offerings. The chair will also support increased departmental student enrollment through strategic faculty hires and will develop capacity among faculty to lead and maintain strong funded programs and projects.
- Exhibit creativity and forward thinking related to current and future trends in health policy and health care management, and in responding to the changing leadership needs of the healthcare workforce.
- Commit to working with faculty, staff, and students to establish a vision for the department, exhibit passion and expertise in mentoring and faculty development, and possess the ability to build strategic partnerships across the university and in the broader community that we serve.
Additionally, candidates are expected to have a sustained and vigorous record of scholarship and extramural funding in areas such as health economics, health services research, healthcare transformation, or health policy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABOVE POSITION DESCRIPTION
|All successful candidates must undergo various background checks, maintain credentials required for continued employment and adhere to the SUNY-DMC UHB Principles of Behavior. Clinical Faculty and Allied Health professionals must receive and maintain Medical Board authorization.|
- PhD or MD
- Ability to build strategic partnerships across the University and in the broader community.
- Candidates are expected to have a sustained and vigorous record of scholarship and extramural funding in areas such as health economics, health services research, healthcare transformation and health policy.
- Candidates are expected to be eligible for the appointment and rank of Full Professor with an award of tenure, and who have a demonstrated record of Academic Leadership.
|Posting ID: 18790||Ref #: FAC/20857-20|
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume along with a cover letter to ==>
Please include: Job Title( CHAIRMAN AND PROFESSOR ), Line( 20857 ) and PostingID( 18790 )
Closing date for Receipt of application: Open Until Filled
SUNY Downstate Medical Center offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familiar status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or criminal conviction.