STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
·DOWNSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
450 CLARKSON AVENUE, BOX 1194, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11203
|Department:||DERMATOLOGY||Job Title:||CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROF (GFT)|
|Professional Rank:||GFT||Descriptive Title:||CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROF (GFT)|
|Salary Range:||COMMENSURATE WITH QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE||Line Number:||22116|
|Additional Position Information: *Please include the 5-digit Line Number and Job Title in the subject line and body of your email submission.|
|Brief Description of Duties:
Are you looking to take your career to new heights with a leader in healthcare? SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation's leading metropolitan medical centers. As the only academic medical center in Brooklyn, we serve a large population that is among the most diverse in the world. We are also highly-ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers, among the top 5 leading U.S. medical schools for training doctors.
The Department of Dermatology at SUNY Downstate is seeking a part time Clinical Assistant Professor (GFT). The successful candidate will:
- Instruct and supervise residents, fellows and medical students in the diagnosis and treatment of dermatologic diseases.
- Instruct and supervise residents and fellows in dermatologic cosmetic and laser procedures.
- Conduct didactic teaching sessions with residents, fellows and medical students.
- Attend Department of Dermatology Grand R0ound Conference and faculty meetings.
- Participate in Department of Dermatology On-Call schedule.
- Read current literature, participate in professional organizations and conferences to keep abreast of developments in the field, lecture and present research data.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABOVE POSITION DESCRIPTION
|All successful candidates must undergo various background checks, maintain credentials required for continued employment and adhere to the SUNY-DMC UHB Principles of Behavior. Clinical Faculty and Allied Health professionals must receive and maintain Medical Board authorization.|
- New York State License.
- Board Certified Dermatologist.
- Experience in dermatological cosmetic procedures including injections of Botox to head, neck and treatment of hypidrosis.
- Experience in treatment of schlerotherapy treatment of vercosities.
- Experience with lasers.
|Posting ID: 17931||Ref #: FAC/22116-19|
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume along with a cover letter to ==>
Please include: Job Title( CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROF (GFT) ), Line( 22116 ) and PostingID( 17931 )
Closing date for Receipt of application: Open Until Filled
SUNY Downstate Medical Center offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familiar status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or criminal conviction.