STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
·DOWNSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
450 CLARKSON AVENUE, BOX 1194, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11203
|Department:||DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL IMAGING, CHRP||Job Title:||CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (12 MO) PART-TIME|
|Professional Rank:||12MO||Descriptive Title:||CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (12 MO) PART-TIME|
|Salary Range:||COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS||Line Number:||22868|
|Additional Position Information: *Please ensure you include the 5-digit Line Number and Job Title in the subject line and body of your email submission.|
|Brief Description of Duties:
Are you looking to take your career to new heights with a leader in healthcare? SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation's leading metropolitan medical centers. As the only academic medical center in Brooklyn, we serve a large population that is among the most diverse in the world. We are also highly-ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers, among the top 5 leading U.S. medical schools for training doctors.
The College of Health Related Professions at SUNY Downstate is seeking a part time Clinical Assistant Professor. The successful candidate will serve as a part-time faculty member providing classroom/lab instruction for assigned courses as part of the CAAHEP curriculum.
Additional faculty expectations include:
- Assessment of student learning and skills.
- Academic advisement.
- Mentorship of senior projects.
- Participation in clinical site supervision.
- Student recruitment and college service.
- Faculty are expected to maintain ARDMS credentials and clinical practice experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABOVE POSITION DESCRIPTION
|All successful candidates must undergo various background checks, maintain credentials required for continued employment and adhere to the SUNY-DMC UHB Principles of Behavior. Clinical Faculty and Allied Health professionals must receive and maintain Medical Board authorization.|
- Candidate must have obtained a Bachelorís Degree from an accredited U.S. College/University, and must have graduated from an accredited Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program.
- RDMS (Abdomen) required, as well as five (5) years of clinical experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, computer literacy, and strong organizational skills are needed.
- Additional certifications and RVT.
- Masterís Degree and prior academic experience.
|Posting ID: 18324||Ref #: FAC/22868-19|
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume along with a cover letter to ==>
Please include: Job Title( CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (12 MO) PART-TIME ), Line( 22868 ) and PostingID( 18324 )
Closing date for Receipt of application: Open Until Filled
SUNY Downstate Medical Center offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familiar status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or criminal conviction.