STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
·DOWNSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
450 CLARKSON AVENUE, BOX 1194, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11203
|Department:||PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT PROGRAM/CHRP||Job Title:||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR 12 MONTHS|
|Professional Rank:||SB-5||Descriptive Title:||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR-12 MONTHS|
|Salary Range:||COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS||Line Number:||24162|
|Additional Position Information: * Represents Location Pay for full-time appointees. *Please ensure you include the 5-digit Line Number and Job Title in the subject line and body of your email submission.|
|Brief Description of Duties:
Are you looking to take your career to new heights with a leader in healthcare? SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation's leading metropolitan medical centers. As the only academic medical center in Brooklyn, we serve a large population that is among the most diverse in the world. We are also highly-ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers, among the top 5 leading U.S. medical schools for training doctors.
The Physician Assistant Program at SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is seeking a full-time Assistant Professor. The successful candidate will:
-Provide classroom and clinical instruction for Physician Assistant students.
- Provide on-site evaluation of clinical students as assigned; serve as a course director for didactic courses, as assigned annually.
- Provide guidance and leadership through student advisement, mentorship, counsel and referral as appropriate.
- Participate in program recruitment and admissions activities.
- Participate in Physician Assistant Program, College, University professional activities as appropriate; establish and maintain office hours (2 hours a week).
- Prepare and implement an individual faculty development plan annually.
- Participate in faculty development activities; maintain all credential for position held.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABOVE POSITION DESCRIPTION
|All successful candidates must undergo various background checks, maintain credentials required for continued employment and adhere to the SUNY-DMC UHB Principles of Behavior. Clinical Faculty and Allied Health professionals must receive and maintain Medical Board authorization.|
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- Masterís degree
- Current NCCPA Certification
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Clinical experience
- Computer proficiency
- Minimum of 3-5 years of teaching experience and Physician Assistant Educational experience
- Administrative experience
- Doctoral level degree
|Posting ID: 19071||Ref #: FAC/24162-20|
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume along with a cover letter to ==>
Please include: Job Title( ASSISTANT PROFESSOR 12 MONTHS ), Line( 24162 ) and PostingID( 19071 )
Closing date for Receipt of application: Open Until Filled
SUNY Downstate Medical Center offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familiar status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or criminal conviction.