STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
·DOWNSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
450 CLARKSON AVENUE, BOX 1194, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11203
|Department:||OPHTHALMOLOGY||Job Title:||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (GFT)|
|Professional Rank:||GFT||Descriptive Title:||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (GFT)|
|Salary Range:||COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS||Line Number:||24236|
|Additional Position Information: *Please ensure you include the 5-digit Line Number and Job Title in the subject line and body of your email submission.|
|Brief Description of Duties:
Are you looking to take your career to new heights with a leader in healthcare? SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation's leading metropolitan medical centers. As the only academic medical center in Brooklyn, we serve a large population that is among the most diverse in the world. We are also highly-ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers, among the top 5 leading U.S. medical schools for training doctors.
The Department of Ophthalmology at SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is seeking a full-time Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology. The successful candidate will be accountable for, but not limited to the following:
- Assess, examine, manage and treat clinical patients in the clinic and faculty practice.
- Provide direct resident instruction as part of the core teaching faculty.
- Participate in didactic and clinical curriculum development.
- Provide leadership and mentoring for residents.
- Participate in research and scholarly activities.
- Perform administrative duties as agreed upon and delegated by the Chairman.
- Participate in regular faculty meetings as well as internal and external committees as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABOVE POSITION DESCRIPTION
|All successful candidates must undergo various background checks, maintain credentials required for continued employment and adhere to the SUNY-DMC UHB Principles of Behavior. Clinical Faculty and Allied Health professionals must receive and maintain Medical Board authorization.|
- Completion of an accredited ophthalmology residency program.
- Fellowship trained.
- Board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology or be Board eligible.
- Licensed to practice medicine in New York State.
|Posting ID: 18814||Ref #: FAC/24236-19|
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume along with a cover letter to ==>
Please include: Job Title( ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (GFT) ), Line( 24236 ) and PostingID( 18814 )
Closing date for Receipt of application: Open Until Filled
SUNY Downstate Medical Center offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familiar status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or criminal conviction.