STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
·DOWNSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
450 CLARKSON AVENUE, BOX 1194, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11203
|Department:||MEDICAL INFORMATICS PROGRAM - CHRP||Job Title:||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR TENURE TRACK|
|Professional Rank:||12MO||Descriptive Title:||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR TENURE TRACK|
|Salary Range:||COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS||Line Number:||27401|
|Additional Position Information: *Please ensure the 5-digit Line Number and Job Title is in the subject line and body of your email submission.|
|Brief Description of Duties:
Are you looking to take your career to new heights with a leader in healthcare? SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation's leading metropolitan medical centers. As the only academic medical center in Brooklyn, we serve a large population that is among the most diverse in the world. We are also highly-ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers, among the top 5 leading U.S. medical schools for training doctors.
The College of Health Professions at SUNY Downstate is seeking a full time Assistant Professor Tenure Track. The successful candidate will:
- Teach graduate level medical imagining informatics and other courses in the program.
- Advise/mentor graduate students.
- Participate in college and university center-wide governance and committees.
- Engage in scholarly activities and publications.
- Coordinate the new Medical Imaging informatics subspecialty track.
- Participate in program recruitment and admission activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABOVE POSITION DESCRIPTION
|All successful candidates must undergo various background checks, maintain credentials required for continued employment and adhere to the SUNY-DMC UHB Principles of Behavior. Clinical Faculty and Allied Health professionals must receive and maintain Medical Board authorization.|
- An earned Doctorate in Health Informatics or closely related discipline.
- Three (3) years of full-time experience in Medical Imaging Informatics courses.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills.
- PACS administration experience.
- Demonstrated research experience in the area(s) of expertise.
|Posting ID: 18327||Ref #: FAC/27401-08|
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume along with a cover letter to ==>
Please include: Job Title( ASSISTANT PROFESSOR TENURE TRACK ), Line( 27401 ) and PostingID( 18327 )
Closing date for Receipt of application: Open Until Filled
SUNY Downstate Medical Center offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familiar status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or criminal conviction.