STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
·DOWNSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
450 CLARKSON AVENUE, BOX 1194, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11203
|Department:||HEMATOLOGY AND ONCOLOGY||Job Title:||HEMATOLOGY/ONCOLOGY / RESEARCH ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|Professional Rank:||12MO||Descriptive Title:||HEMATOLOGY/ONCOLOGY RESEARCHER / RESEARCH ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|Salary Range:||COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS||Line Number:||27462|
|Additional Position Information:|
|Brief Description of Duties:
Are you looking to take your career to new heights with a leader in healthcare? SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation's leading metropolitan medical centers. As the only academic medical center in Brooklyn, we serve a large population that is among the most diverse in the world. We are also highly-ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers, among the top 5 leading U.S. medical schools for training doctors.
The Department of Hemotology and Oncology at SUNY Downstate is seeking a full time Researcher/ Research Assistant. The successful candidate will:
- Within the predetermined research scope and methodology, conduct research experiments in the fields of hematological and oncological diseases.
- Collect and analyze data, including periodical/literature search and utilizing specialized skills in related field to analyze the collected data.
- Participate/assist in manuscript writing for publication in scientific journals and/or presentations at local and national meetings.
- Develop collaborative research program leading to extramural research funding and peer-reviewed publication; write research grants.
- Lab management including maintenance of research records and equipment maintenance, and ordering of supplies as needed.
- Participate in teaching and research conferences of medical students, graduate students and Hematology/Oncology Fellows.
- Perform administrative and/or service functions of the Department or on Department, College or Hospital committees.
- Other duties as assigned by Division Chief and/or Chairman.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABOVE POSITION DESCRIPTION
|All successful candidates must undergo various background checks, maintain credentials required for continued employment and adhere to the SUNY-DMC UHB Principles of Behavior. Clinical Faculty and Allied Health professionals must receive and maintain Medical Board authorization.|
- Five (5) or more years of experience in an academic medical setting.
|Posting ID: 18407||Ref #: FAC/27462-19|
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume along with a cover letter to ==>
Please include: Job Title( HEMATOLOGY/ONCOLOGY / RESEARCH ASSISTANT PROFESSOR ), Line( 27462 ) and PostingID( 18407 )
Closing date for Receipt of application: Open Until Filled
SUNY Downstate Medical Center offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familiar status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or criminal conviction.