STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
·DOWNSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
450 CLARKSON AVENUE, BOX 1194, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11203
|Department:||SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH||Job Title:||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (12 MO) TENURE TRACK|
|Professional Rank:||B5||Descriptive Title:||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (12 MO) TENURE TRACK|
|Salary Range:||COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS||Line Number:||27807|
|Additional Position Information: *Please ensure you include the 5-digit Line Number and Job Title in the subject line and body of your email submission.|
|Brief Description of Duties:
Are you looking to take your career to new heights with a leader in healthcare? SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation's leading metropolitan medical centers. As the only academic medical center in Brooklyn, we serve a large population that is among the most diverse in the world. We are also highly-ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers, among the top 5 leading U.S. medical schools for training doctors.
The School of Public Health at SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is seeking a full-time Assistant Professor (12 MO) Tenure Track. The successful candidate will:
- Maintain an active research program in data science or bioinformatics methodology, and to contribute methodological expertise and support in developing and implementing federally-funded research programs.
- Teach graduate level courses and mentor graduate students pursuing MPH or DrPh degrees.
Strength in one of the following areas is highly desirable:
- Precision medicine, causal interference, machine learning, statistical genetics/ genomics, and big data with applications to "omics",
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABOVE POSITION DESCRIPTION
|All successful candidates must undergo various background checks, maintain credentials required for continued employment and adhere to the SUNY-DMC UHB Principles of Behavior. Clinical Faculty and Allied Health professionals must receive and maintain Medical Board authorization.|
- PhD in Data Science or bioinformatics.
- The successful candidate should have academic experience commensurate with the level of appointment and in particular have a demonstrated record of scholarship, clear potential for teaching, research and the ability to secure extramural funding.
- Ability to develop and teach on-line courses is a desirable asset.
|Posting ID: 19132||Ref #: FAC/27807-20|
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume along with a cover letter to ==>
Please include: Job Title( ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (12 MO) TENURE TRACK ), Line( 27807 ) and PostingID( 19132 )
Closing date for Receipt of application: Open Until Filled
SUNY Downstate Medical Center offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familiar status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or criminal conviction.