ANNOUNCEMENT OF Professional Vacancy`

FACULTY

STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK ·DOWNSTATE MEDICAL CENTER  
450 CLARKSON AVENUE, BOX 1194, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11203
Department: MEDICINE/Div of Nephrology Job Title: PROFESSOR/RESEARCH PROFESSOR
Professional  Rank: TBD Descriptive Title: PROFESSOR/RESEARCH PROFESSOR
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience & Qualifications Line Number: 27810
Additional Position Information: Interested candidates may send email to Moro.salifu@downstate.edu
Brief Description of Duties:
SUNY Downstate is looking for a leader to build a center for outcomes studies especially for the description of risk assessment in combination with the identification of disparities. Preferred research areas are outcomes in the field of end-stage renal disease, diabetes, population genomics, the position will primarily contribute to work in the Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology at 70% time, with the remaining 30% time dedicated to work of the Institute for Genomic Health and Clinical and Translational Research Center. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES: *Design and analysis of clinical trials and observational studies * Collaboration and leadership in the design, implantation and usage of outcomes databases *Extensive experience with the maintenance and analysis of very large datasets (big data) and registries * Collaboration in several existing research projects including ongoing clinical trials *Preparation and support of grant proposals *Write reports and manuscripts * Present research at national and international meetings

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABOVE POSITION DESCRIPTION

All successful candidates must undergo various background checks, maintain credentials required for continued employment and adhere to the SUNY-DMC UHB Principles of Behavior.   Clinical Faculty and Allied Health professionals must receive and maintain Medical Board authorization.
Qualifications:
REQUIRED: PhD or advanced degree in Biostatistics with long time experience in outcomes studies.Experience in advanced statistical methods as well as in software engineering and database development.
Posting ID: 15250 Ref #: FAC/27810-17
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume along with a cover letter to ==>
Please include: Job Title( PROFESSOR/RESEARCH PROFESSOR ), Line( 27810 ) and PostingID( 15250 )
Moro O. Salifu, MD
Professor & Chairman
Moro.salifu@downstate.edu   M.S.C.50
SUNY Downstate Medical Center

Closing date for Receipt of application: Open Until Filled

SUNY Downstate Medical Center offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familiar status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or criminal conviction.