STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
·DOWNSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
450 CLARKSON AVENUE, BOX 1194, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11203
|Department:||PSYCHIATRY||Job Title:||PSYCHIATRY RESEARCH INSTRUCTOR (HS)|
|Professional Rank:||NSC6||Descriptive Title:||PSYCHIATRY RESEARCH INSTRUCTOR (HS)|
|Salary Range:||COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS||Line Number:||33766|
|Additional Position Information: *Please ensure you include the 5-digit Line Number and Job Title in the subject line and body of your email submission.|
|Brief Description of Duties:
Are you looking to take your career to new heights with a leader in healthcare? SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation's leading metropolitan medical centers. As the only academic medical center in Brooklyn, we serve a large population that is among the most diverse in the world. We are also highly-ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers, among the top 5 leading U.S. medical schools for training doctors.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (PRF) in imaging genomics
The PRF plans and conducts research experiments in accordance with laboratory and safety protocols; independently performs non-routine and complex research procedures and techniques; selects, modifies or adapts equipment and procedures to specific research needs; and supervises other research personnel as assigned.
Our lab is engaged in a wide variety of human and, through collaborations, animal genetic studies to identify and characterize genomic variants co0ntributing to complex neuropsychiatric disorders and to elucidate both normal and abnormal genetic activity in the brain from pre-natal development onwards. The PRF will be an integral part of our team, and will be responsible for the acquisition and analysis of neuroimaging data from human subjects, both with and without diagnoses of psychiatric illness. This will include multiple modalities, including fMRI and diffusion tensor imaging (d TI). Experience with imaging analysis software packages, such as SPM, Freesurfer, Matlab, and FSL is desirable.
The successful applicant will:
- Be able to function independently, work on more than one project at a time in a team setting, and lead and mentor students and research assistants, as well as demonstrate an aptitude for preparing manuscripts and grant submissions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABOVE POSITION DESCRIPTION
|All successful candidates must undergo various background checks, maintain credentials required for continued employment and adhere to the SUNY-DMC UHB Principles of Behavior. Clinical Faculty and Allied Health professionals must receive and maintain Medical Board authorization.|
- PhD in psychology, neurosciences, engineering, biostatistics, or a related discipline.
- Must be competent and proficient in the operation of sophisticated scientific equipment and independently able to perform complex procedures and techniques with accuracy.
- A preferred candidate will have 1 to 2-years of experience in functional neuroimaging data acquisition and analysis.
- Preference will also be shown for candidates with research expertise in the areas of genomic, molecular genetics, proteomics, epigenetics, or related fields.
- Research Skills Required: Basic Laboratory Safety Techniques; Blood Borne Pathogen Safety Precautions; Maintenance of Lab Notebook; Radiological Safety Techniques.
- Other Skills Required: Analysis Assessment/Evaluation Communication - - written and oral skill; Conceptualization and design; Knowledge of applicable laws/policies/principles/etc. Lead/Guidance Skills; Organization problem identification and resolution; Project Management.
|Posting ID: 18657||Ref #: FAC/33766-19|
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume along with a cover letter to ==>
Please include: Job Title( PSYCHIATRY RESEARCH INSTRUCTOR (HS) ), Line( 33766 ) and PostingID( 18657 )
Closing date for Receipt of application: Open Until Filled
SUNY Downstate Medical Center offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familiar status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or criminal conviction.