STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
·DOWNSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
450 CLARKSON AVENUE, BOX 1194, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11203
|Department:||OPHTHALMOLOGY||Job Title:||CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROF (GFT)|
|Professional Rank:||GFT||Descriptive Title:||CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (GFT) - Part-Time|
|Salary Range:||Salary Commensurate with Experience and Qualifications||Line Number:||44827|
|Additional Position Information:|
|Brief Description of Duties:
Are you looking to take your career to new heights with a leader in healthcare? SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation's leading metropolitan medical centers. As the only academic medical center in Brooklyn, we serve a large population that is among the most diverse in the world. We are also highly-ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers, among the top 5 leading U.S. medical schools for training doctors.
The Department of Ophthalmology at SUNY Downstate is seeking a part time Clinical Assistant Professor (GFT). The successful candidate will:
- Assess, examine, manage and treat clinical patients in the clinic and the faculty practice.
- Provide direct resident instruction as part of the core teaching faculty.
- Participate in didactic and clinical curriculum development.
- Provide leadership and mentoring for residents.
- Participate in research and scholarly activities.
- Participate in regular faculty meetings as well as internal and external committees as required.
- Perform administrative duties as agreed upon and delegated by the Chairman.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABOVE POSITION DESCRIPTION
|All successful candidates must undergo various background checks, maintain credentials required for continued employment and adhere to the SUNY-DMC UHB Principles of Behavior. Clinical Faculty and Allied Health professionals must receive and maintain Medical Board authorization.|
- Candidate must be licensed to practice Medicine in the State of New York.
- Must have completed an accredited ophthalmology residency program.
- Must be fellowship trained.
- Must be Board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology or Board eligible.
|Posting ID: 15731||Ref #: FAC/44827-18|
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume along with a cover letter to ==>
Please include: Job Title( CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROF (GFT) ), Line( 44827 ) and PostingID( 15731 )
Closing date for Receipt of application: Open Until Filled
SUNY Downstate Medical Center offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familiar status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or criminal conviction.