STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
·DOWNSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
450 CLARKSON AVENUE, BOX 1194, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11203
|Department:||SURGERY ADMINISTRATION||Job Title:||CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|Professional Rank:||TCL||Descriptive Title:||VASCULAR SURGEON / CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|Salary Range:||Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications||Line Number:||47023|
|Additional Position Information:|
|Brief Description of Duties:
Are you looking to take your career to new heights with a leader in healthcare? SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation's leading metropolitan medical centers. As the only academic medical center in Brooklyn, we serve a large population that is among the most diverse in the world. We are also highly-ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers, among the top 5 leading U.S. medical schools for training doctors.
Vascular Surgeon to join the Department of Surgery at SUNY Downstate and provide Vascular services at Coney Island Hospital and Richmond University Medical Center in Staten Island. The Department of Surgery Administration at SUNY Downstate is seeking a full time Vascular Surgeon/ Clinical Assistant Professor. The successful candidate will:
- Supervises all vascular surgical care rendered by physician assistants, fellows and residents
- Oversees quality assurance activities
- Collaborates with department, division, hospital and school leadership on initiatives to expand the market share and scope of services provided by the Vascular Surgery program
- Actively participates in department, hospital and campus-wide committees and work groups.
- Oversees and directs residents and medical students on the vascular service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABOVE POSITION DESCRIPTION
|All successful candidates must undergo various background checks, maintain credentials required for continued employment and adhere to the SUNY-DMC UHB Principles of Behavior. Clinical Faculty and Allied Health professionals must receive and maintain Medical Board authorization.|
- New York State medical license
- Board Certification/Eligibility or Foreign Equivalency in Vascular Surgery.
- Completion of fellowship in Vascular Surgery.
- Experience in all types of open and interventional vascular procedures
- Proven scholarly activity
- Record of research and educational activities.
|Posting ID: 16045||Ref #: FAC/47023-18|
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume along with a cover letter to ==>
Please include: Job Title( CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR ), Line( 47023 ) and PostingID( 16045 )
Closing date for Receipt of application: Open Until Filled
SUNY Downstate Medical Center offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familiar status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or criminal conviction.