STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
·DOWNSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
450 CLARKSON AVENUE, BOX 1194, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11203
|Department:||SURGERY||Job Title:||PROFESSOR & CHAIR OF SURGERY|
|Professional Rank:||SE-2||Descriptive Title:||PROFESSOR & CHAIR OF SURGERY|
|Salary Range:||COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS||Line Number:||51521|
|Additional Position Information: *Please ensure you include the 5-digit Line Number and Job Title in the subject line and body of your email submission.|
|Brief Description of Duties:
Are you looking to take your career to new heights with a leader in healthcare? SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation's leading metropolitan medical centers. As the only academic medical center in Brooklyn, we serve a large population that is among the most diverse in the world. We are also highly-ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers, among the top 5 leading U.S. medical schools for training doctors.
The Department of Surgery at SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is seeking a full-time Professor and Chair of Surgery. The successful candidate will:
- Recruit, direct, and develop a faculty who can provide the full range of surgical services and build a thriving practice that draws patients and referrals from throughout Brooklyn and beyond.
- Lead significant growth in sub-specialty care at University Hospital of Brooklyn (UHB), its associated satellite facilities, and Kings County Hospital Center (KCHC), and significantly expand the range of services available to its patients while providing a superb educational experience for residents.
- Lead his/her faculty (both current and those recruited) in the development of innovative clinical and basic research initiatives, either independently or in collaboration with other investigators on our faculty
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABOVE POSITION DESCRIPTION
|All successful candidates must undergo various background checks, maintain credentials required for continued employment and adhere to the SUNY-DMC UHB Principles of Behavior. Clinical Faculty and Allied Health professionals must receive and maintain Medical Board authorization.|
- Must be a surgeon who has been board certified and will be qualified for appointment as Professor on tenure track
- Significant history of academic leadership and productivity in scholarship.
|Posting ID: 19072||Ref #: FAC/51521-20|
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume along with a cover letter to ==>
Please include: Job Title( PROFESSOR & CHAIR OF SURGERY ), Line( 51521 ) and PostingID( 19072 )
Closing date for Receipt of application: Open Until Filled
SUNY Downstate Medical Center offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familiar status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or criminal conviction.