STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
·DOWNSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
450 CLARKSON AVENUE, BOX 1194, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11203
|Department:||ANESTHESIOLOGY||Job Title:||GENERAL ANESTHESIOLOGIST / CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (GFT)|
|Professional Rank:||GFT||Descriptive Title:||GENERAL ANESTHESIOLOGIST / CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (GFT)|
|Salary Range:||COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS||Line Number:||56654|
|Additional Position Information: *Please ensure you include the 5-digit Line Number and Job Title of the position in the subject line and body of your email submission.|
|Brief Description of Duties:
Are you looking to take your career to new heights with a leader in healthcare? SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation's leading metropolitan medical centers. As the only academic medical center in Brooklyn, we serve a large population that is among the most diverse in the world. We are also highly-ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers, among the top 5 leading U.S. medical schools for training doctors.
The Department of Anesthesiology is seeking a full time General Anesthesiologist and Clinical Assistant Professor. The successful candidate will:
- Administer anesthesia to all patients through anesthetic techniques (general, regional, and sedation) to patients in general operating room (OR) ambulatory setting and obstetrical suite.
- Participate in clinical OR supervision and classroom teaching and evaluations for residents and medical students as required by the department.
- Responsible for clinical service: provide regional anesthesia, pain management and anesthesia consultation; provide critical care consultation when covering the medical Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and in the recovery room post-operatively; coordinate with the in-charge nurses in the ICU as availability of beds and bed planning and preparedness to admit critically ill patients to the ICU.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABOVE POSITION DESCRIPTION
|All successful candidates must undergo various background checks, maintain credentials required for continued employment and adhere to the SUNY-DMC UHB Principles of Behavior. Clinical Faculty and Allied Health professionals must receive and maintain Medical Board authorization.|
- New York State Medical License.
- Successful completion of training in an ACGME accredited residency.
- Board Certified.
- Sub-specialty (if applicable).
|Posting ID: 18481||Ref #: FAC/56654-19|
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume along with a cover letter to ==>
Please include: Job Title( GENERAL ANESTHESIOLOGIST / CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (GFT) ), Line( 56654 ) and PostingID( 18481 )
Closing date for Receipt of application: Open Until Filled
SUNY Downstate Medical Center offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familiar status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or criminal conviction.