STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
·DOWNSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
450 CLARKSON AVENUE, BOX 1194, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11203
|Department:||DIVISION OF GENERAL SURGERY||Job Title:||CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR / GENERAL SURGEON|
|Professional Rank:||GFT||Descriptive Title:||CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR / GENERAL SURGEON|
|Salary Range:||COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS||Line Number:||56985|
|Additional Position Information: *Please ensure you include the 5-digit Line Number and Job Title in the subject line and body of your email submission.|
|Brief Description of Duties:
Are you looking to take your career to new heights with a leader in healthcare? SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation's leading metropolitan medical centers. As the only academic medical center in Brooklyn, we serve a large population that is among the most diverse in the world. We are also highly-ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers, among the top 5 leading U.S. medical schools for training doctors.
The Department of Surgery at SUNY Downstate Medical Center is inviting applications for a position of an academic full-time General Surgeon in the Division of General Surgery.
The applicant must be well-versed and skilled in today’s minimally invasive surgical techniques and should qualify at the minimal rank of Assistant Professor of Surgery.
The successful candidate should be able to work in partnership and synergy with other members of the division and department.
In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Participate in the General Surgery monthly on-call schedule.
- Play an active role in the education of the surgical residents and medical students.
- Provide development and participation in the core teaching curriculum.
- Contribute to the development of the Surgical Lab Simulation curriculum, its implementation and preceptorship pursuit of funded research.
- Responsibilities will ultimately be at the discretion of the Chief of the Division of General Surgery and the Chair of the Department of Surgery.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABOVE POSITION DESCRIPTION
|All successful candidates must undergo various background checks, maintain credentials required for continued employment and adhere to the SUNY-DMC UHB Principles of Behavior. Clinical Faculty and Allied Health professionals must receive and maintain Medical Board authorization.|
- New York State Medical License.
- New York State DEA Certificate.
- BCLS and ACLS Certification.
- Board Certification in General Surgery.
- Fellowship Training in Minimally Invasive Surgery.
|Posting ID: 18332||Ref #: FAC/56985-19|
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume along with a cover letter to ==>
Please include: Job Title( CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR / GENERAL SURGEON ), Line( 56985 ) and PostingID( 18332 )
Closing date for Receipt of application: Open Until Filled
SUNY Downstate Medical Center offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familiar status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or criminal conviction.