STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
·DOWNSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
450 CLARKSON AVENUE, BOX 1194, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11203
|Department:||SURGERY||Job Title:||PROFESSOR (TCL)|
|Professional Rank:||TCL||Descriptive Title:||Senior Pancreas Transplant Nephrologist/Medical Director|
|Salary Range:||Commensurate with Experience and Qualifications||Line Number:||58302|
|Additional Position Information:|
|Brief Description of Duties:
Are you looking to take your career to new heights with a leader in healthcare? SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation's leading metropolitan medical centers. As the only academic medical center in Brooklyn, we serve a large population that is among the most diverse in the world. We are also highly-ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers, among the top 5 leading U.S. medical schools for training doctors.
The Department of Surgery at SUNY Downstate is seeking a full time Senior Pancreas Transplant Nephrologist/Medical Director. The successful candidate will:
- Organize and grow the Pancreas Transplant Program
- Supervise along with the Surgical Director all pancreas transplant care rendered by attending providers and residents; collaborates with department, transplant division, hospital and school on leadership initiatives to expand the market share
- Actively participates in all transplant committees
- Foster scholarly activities by transplant faculty and residents
- Engages in own research
- Directs research and education goals for the Pancreas Transplant Program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABOVE POSITION DESCRIPTION
|All successful candidates must undergo various background checks, maintain credentials required for continued employment and adhere to the SUNY-DMC UHB Principles of Behavior. Clinical Faculty and Allied Health professionals must receive and maintain Medical Board authorization.|
- New York State Medical license
- Board Certification/Eligibility in Medicine and Nephrology
- Current UNOS accreditation as pancreas transplant physician
- Prior medical school appointment as Professor of Medicine and clinical teaching experience in pancreas transplantation.
- Minimum 10 years of experience as Medical Director of a pancreas transplant program
- Experience in conducting clinical research trials as the primary investigator
- Basic science research experience in diabetes immunology including development of transgenic mouse models
- Principal author of peer reviewed publications in pancreas islet transplantation and diabetes
- Senior role in research trials of at least 10 years. Ongoing research and current publications.
|Posting ID: 15509||Ref #: FAC/58302-18|
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume along with a cover letter to ==>
Please include: Job Title( PROFESSOR (TCL) ), Line( 58302 ) and PostingID( 15509 )
Closing date for Receipt of application: Open Until Filled
SUNY Downstate Medical Center offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familiar status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or criminal conviction.