STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
·DOWNSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
450 CLARKSON AVENUE, BOX 1194, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11203
|Department:||PEDIATRICS||Job Title:||PEDIATRIC HEMATOLOGIST/ONCOLOGIST / CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|Professional Rank:||GFT||Descriptive Title:||PEDIATRIC HEMATOLOGIST/ONCOLOGIST / CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|Salary Range:||COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS||Line Number:||58362|
|Additional Position Information: *Please ensure you include the 5-digit Line Number and Job Title in the subject line and body of your email submission.|
|Brief Description of Duties:
Are you looking to take your career to new heights with a leader in healthcare? SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation's leading metropolitan medical centers. As the only academic medical center in Brooklyn, we serve a large population that is among the most diverse in the world. We are also highly-ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers, among the top 5 leading U.S. medical schools for training doctors.
The Department of Pediatrics at SUNY Downstate Medical Center is seeking a full-time Pediatric Hematologist/Oncologist to join its Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology. The successful candidate will:
- Must be Board Certified/Eligible in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology.
- Participate in rotation as a consultant and as the attending supervisor of the Pediatric Hematology/Oncology inpatient and consultation service at University Hospital of Brooklyn (UHB) and Kings County Hospital (KCH) and affiliate hospitals as required.
- Participate in on-call coverage during weeknights and on weekends in rotation with other divisional faculty for the Hematology/Oncology inpatient and consultation service at UHB and KCH.
- Serve as a provider and supervisor for outpatient clinical activities of the Pediatric Hematology/Oncology service at UHB and KCH.
- Be actively involved in teaching and supervising subspecialty residents, pediatric residents, medical students, physician extenders, and technical and support staff.
- Accept assignments as student preceptor and/or inpatient ward attending.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABOVE POSITION DESCRIPTION
|All successful candidates must undergo various background checks, maintain credentials required for continued employment and adhere to the SUNY-DMC UHB Principles of Behavior. Clinical Faculty and Allied Health professionals must receive and maintain Medical Board authorization.|
- Eligible candidates must be Board Certified in Pediatrics and Board Certified/Eligible in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, with expectation of becoming certified within 4 years of appointment.
- Candidate must possess a valid New York State Medical License.
|Posting ID: 18480||Ref #: FAC/58362-19|
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume along with a cover letter to ==>
Please include: Job Title( PEDIATRIC HEMATOLOGIST/ONCOLOGIST / CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR ), Line( 58362 ) and PostingID( 18480 )
Closing date for Receipt of application: Open Until Filled
SUNY Downstate Medical Center offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familiar status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or criminal conviction.