STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
·DOWNSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
450 CLARKSON AVENUE, BOX 1194, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11203
|Department:||EMERGENCY MEDICINE||Job Title:||CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|Professional Rank:||HS||Descriptive Title:||CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|Salary Range:||COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS||Line Number:||58764|
|Additional Position Information: *Please include the five digit line number and job title in the subject line and body of your email submission.|
|Brief Description of Duties:
Are you looking to take your career to new heights with a leader in healthcare? SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation's leading metropolitan medical centers. As the only academic medical center in Brooklyn, we serve a large population that is among the most diverse in the world. We are also highly-ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers, among the top 5 leading U.S. medical schools for training doctors.
The Emergency Medicine Department at SUNY Downstate is seeking a part time Clinical Assistant Professor. The successful candidate will:
- Primarily assess, manage, stabilize and determine the disposition on patients who present to the Emergency Department regardless of age, gender, language spoken, creed, ethnic background or disease process.
- Take responsibility for the clinical area, including the flow of patients, the management of patients, triage, admitting, discharging, consultations, visitation flow, and overall atmosphere (conduct of language, behavior of staff and consultants).
- Lead in disaster conditions and direct physicians from other services upon arrival to the Emergency Department.
- Supervise Residents, Medical & PA students.
- Participate in the Educational, Research and Administrative activities of the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABOVE POSITION DESCRIPTION
|All successful candidates must undergo various background checks, maintain credentials required for continued employment and adhere to the SUNY-DMC UHB Principles of Behavior. Clinical Faculty and Allied Health professionals must receive and maintain Medical Board authorization.|
- Board certified and Board eligible in Emergency Medicine and/or Pediatric Emergency Medicine.
- Licensed and currently registered to practice medicine in the State of New York. Successfully completed BLS, ACLS, PALS & ATLS.
|Posting ID: 18695||Ref #: FAC/58764-19|
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume along with a cover letter to ==>
Please include: Job Title( CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR ), Line( 58764 ) and PostingID( 18695 )
Closing date for Receipt of application: Open Until Filled
SUNY Downstate Medical Center offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familiar status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or criminal conviction.