STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
·DOWNSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
450 CLARKSON AVENUE, BOX 1194, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11203
|Department:||INFORMATION SERVICES ADMINISTRATION||Job Title:||CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER|
|Professional Rank:||MH-1||Descriptive Title:||CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER|
|Salary Range:||COMMENSURATE WITH QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE||Line Number:||Line# 28964|
|Additional Position Information: *Please include the 5-digit Line Number and Job Title in the subject line and body of your email submission.|
|Brief Description of Duties:
The VP and CIO of Downstate will serve as the key strategist and overall IT administrative and operations leader for the Medical Center, which consists of: the University Hospital of Brooklyn; five Graduate Schools that are part of the State University of New York system (Colleges of Medicine, Nursing and Health Profession, Schools of Public Health and Graduate Studies); and a Research enterprise.
Serving as a member of the Executive Management Committee and reporting to the Sr. VP/CAO, the CIO will be charged with building and leading a stable, secure and high-performing Information Technology function for the organization. The CIO will be expected to develop and establish an information technology vision, structure, and strategy across the enterprise that supports and enables Downstate to achieve its corporate goals.
The CIO will have a broad set of responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
Leadership: Provide expert counsel and guidance to the senior management team on a variety of issues as seen through an IT lens.
IT Vision and Strategy: Develop long-term technology vision and strategic plans based on alignment with and support for the organizationís strategies and goals. Communicates IT plans, policies and technology trends throughout the organization. Seek funding for innovative IT initiatives that have strategic value.
IT Governance: Provide cost effective management, rationalization, and simplification of the companyís portfolio of systems and projects. Develops, coordinates and manages the incorporation of enhancements to IT systems, in keeping with the needs and objectives of the enterprise. Establish and enforce appropriate IT policies, best practices, processes, systems and technology portfolio and lifecycle management, program and project management (PMO), development standards, methodologies.
People Management: Hire, develop, appraise, reward, discipline, and retain a highly qualified IT team of more than 100 staff. Motivate and mentor IT management and staff. Lead by example through appropriate participation and involvement in and oversight of all IT activities.
Financial Stewardship: Develop the IT budget and monitor IT organizational performance against the budget. Responsible for monitoring IT activities and costs as related to the overall utilization of resources required to meet programmatic requirements.
Systems: Direct the definition, architecture, development, implementation, maintenance, and support of application systems, which drive and enable organizational growth and vision initiatives.
Quality and Service Operations: Identify and implement methods to continuously improve processes and outcomes while utilizing industry standards and benchmarks to measure service, quality, and satisfaction to exceed both internal and external customer expectations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABOVE POSITION DESCRIPTION
|All successful candidates must undergo various background checks, maintain credentials required for continued employment and adhere to the SUNY-DMC UHB Principles of Behavior. Clinical Faculty and Allied Health professionals must receive and maintain Medical Board authorization.|
Bachelors Degree Required; Advanced degree preferred.
- 10 to 15 years' of IT Management, 7 of which are in positions of progressive management, with experience in health with clinical network systems in a hospital and academic setting.
- Executive leadership skills, excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication, analytical, management and organizational skills.
- Effective communication and relationship-building skills with all levels of employees and management; a proven leader who is an effective and creative problem solver.
- Self-motivated and directed and driven by opportunity and customer expectations.
- Proven track record of leading complex technology implementations.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to successfully work and collaborate with clinicians and researchers.
- Natural ability to articulate an IT strategy to a variety of constituents, presenting and defending ideas in a calm, rational way.
- The ability to recruit, develop, and mentor a highly collaborative team capable of supporting future growth. This shall be accomplished through the consistent practice of sound human resources concepts, thereby achieving teamwork, employee security, mutual respect, and maintenance of the highest level of professionalism.
- Ability to create an efficient, disciplined environment that is highly responsive, outcomes-oriented, and completely aligned to the needs of the business.
- Strong project management skills and a track record of delivering multiple complex projects involving numerous customers, interests, and goals, on-time and on-budget.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to deploy resources and manage multiple large projects.
- Outstanding vendor management/negotiation/relationship skills.
- Establishes and maintains a working environment conducive to positive morale, individual style, quality, creativity, and teamwork
|Posting ID: 12943||Ref #: M/C-28964-18|
Persons interested in the above
position should submit a resume along with a cover letter to ==>
Please include: Job Title( CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER ), Line( 28964 ) and PostingID( 12943 )
Closing date for Receipt of application: Open Until Filled
SUNY Downstate Medical Center offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familiar status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or criminal conviction.