STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
·DOWNSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
450 CLARKSON AVENUE, BOX 1194, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11203
|Department:||PRESIDENT'S OFFICE||Job Title:||ASSOCIATE VICE PRESIDENT|
|Professional Rank:||MH2||Descriptive Title:||Associate Vice President for Communications & Marketing|
|Salary Range:||$200,000.00-$250,000.00||Line Number:||Line# 33950|
|Additional Position Information:|
|Brief Description of Duties:
The Associate Vice President for Communications and Marketing has responsibility for overall communications, research-based messaging, marketing, and branding activity for SUNY Downstate Medical Center. This position reports to the Office of The President, and serves as the Chief Communications Officer and is a key member of the SUNY Downstate Medical Center’s Executive Leadership Team. The Associate Vice President for Communications and Marketing will oversee a staff of talented, innovative professionals with skills and job responsibilities encompassing all aspects of communication for the institution.
The Associate Vice President for Communications and Marketing will represent and promote SUNY Downstate Medical Center increasing its visibility and supporting the institution’s mission, vision, and goals. The Associate Vice President for Communications and Marketing will lead the development and implementation of the SUNY Downstate Medical Center’s brand vision, strategy and public relations campaigns to attract the best students; motivate alumni and donors and recruit high quality faculty and staff. In addition to leading SUNY Downstate Medical Center’s team of marketing and communications professionals, the Associate Vice President for Communications and Marketing will provide strategic direction for marketing and communications produced by other academic and administrative units.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides leadership and vision for SUNY Downstate Medical Center’s strategic and integrated marketing and communications functions;
• Leads and directs the marketing and communications staff and coordinates at the strategic and management levels with all SUNY Downstate departments;
• Develops and executes a comprehensive, long- term and proactive SUNY Downstate-wide communications, marketing, and branding strategy consistent with the strategic goals, plans, and aspirations of SUNY Downstate;
• Leads the SUNY Downstate Medical Center crisis communication strategy and response;
• Creates a collegial, team-building work environment, motivating staff, and cultivating productive, collaborative relationships with all constituent groups;
• Utilizes a research-based approach and prioritizes data analysis for decision-making to identify key messages and audiences, works consistently to tell SUNY Downstate’s stories by weaving them together to create a consistent, unified message in support of the SUNY Downstate brand and articulates SUNY Downstate’s image and brand in the delivery of the SUNY Downstate message;
• Serves as the SUNY Downstate brand manager, with the responsibility of positioning SUNY Downstate in the market, determining target audiences and maintaining the desired reputation.
• Ensures effective and efficient operation of the major units in SUNY Downstate Communications and Marketing by overseeing unit plans, goals and objectives, designing systems of effective controls to guide work toward expected outcomes, and evaluating progress towards their accomplishments in the following activities:
o Marketing research (focus groups)
o Strategic communications
o Project management
o Social media
o Public relations
o External relations
o Graphic design
o Print and electronic publications and newsletters
o Web design and development
o User-experience design
o Event promotion
o Capital campaign collaboration (design, strategy)
o Strategic planning
• Develops, executes, and oversees programs necessary to communicate SUNY Downstate’s mission and performance to the public;
• Communicates SUNY Downstate’s position and policies on a variety of issues to specific media and to various SUNY Downstate constituencies, which includes serving as the spokesperson for SUNY Downstate with the media as appropriate;
• Proposes budgets and secures resources to carry out he department functions and vision;
• Ensures a fiscally sound operation of SUNY Downstate’s Communications and Marketing by exercising best management practices and implementing income-generating activities, which result in operations within allocated budgets;
• Advises the President on national state/city positioning opportunities, collaborates with SUNY Downstate Medical Center’s areas, fundraising department and other university programs, and guides the planning and execution of major external outreach efforts and marketing campaigns,
• Facilitates a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds;
• Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses and attending training and/or courses as required by the President,
• Contributes to the overall success of SUNY Downstate Medical Center by performing all other duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABOVE POSITION DESCRIPTION
|All successful candidates must undergo various background checks, maintain credentials required for continued employment and adhere to the SUNY-DMC UHB Principles of Behavior. Clinical Faculty and Allied Health professionals must receive and maintain Medical Board authorization.|
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A bachelor’s degree in business communications or equivalent is required. An MBA or a MA in Communications or Public Relations is preferred.
Experience: A record of success in progressively responsible positions in communications and marketing, public relations, advertising, news and information video production is required. Preferably, this will be demonstrated by at least ten years of related experience, five of which are at the management level.
Skills: Demonstrated success in achieving company goals/metrics, leading and building relationships with cross-functional teams, marketing and communications campaigns; experience in, leading a team that exhibits core values of customer service, user-experience, and metrics. Management experience in staff development, budgeting, research, and customer service is required. Exceptional skills in communications, marketing, and interpersonal relations are required. Experience in, digital marketing and technology. The ability to develop and implement strategic communications and research-based marketing plans is required. Expertise in making presentations, public speaking, and negotiating with all key constituents is required.
|Posting ID: 15423||Ref #: M/C-33950-17|
Persons interested in the above
position should submit a resume along with a cover letter to ==>
Please include: Job Title( ASSOCIATE VICE PRESIDENT ), Line( 33950 ) and PostingID( 15423 )
450 Clarkson Avenue
Brooklyn, New York 11203 ( email: email@example.com )
Closing date for Receipt of application: Open Until Filled
SUNY Downstate Medical Center offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familiar status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or criminal conviction.