STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
·DOWNSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
450 CLARKSON AVENUE, BOX 1194, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11203
|Department:||Nursing Services / Nursing Administration||Job Title:||TH ASSOCIATE ADMINISTRATOR/ DIRECTOR OF NURSING|
|Professional Rank:||MP3||Descriptive Title:||TH ASSOCIATE ADMINISTRATOR/ DIRECTOR OF NURSING|
|Salary Range:||COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS||Line Number:||Line# 51468|
|Additional Position Information: *Please ensure you include the 5-digit Line Number and Job Title in the subject line and body of your email submission. Hours of work; 7:30 am - 4:00 pm; Days of work: Variable. Hours per week: 37.5|
|Brief Description of Duties:
Are you looking to take your career to new heights with a leader in healthcare? SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation's leading metropolitan medical centers. As the only academic medical center in Brooklyn, we serve a large population that is among the most diverse in the world. We are also highly-ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers, among the top 5 leading U.S. medical schools for training doctors.
The Division Nursing Administration at SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is seeking an Associate Administrator/ Director of Nursing. The Director of Nursing will provide clinical and administrative leadership for Maternal/Child Health and Transplant service lines. In collaboration with the physician staff and medical directors.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for the strategic development of these departments/service lines.
- Use business development methodologies to enhance services, improve patient/customer satisfaction and provide an environment for growth of the services.
- Ensure fiscal accountability in all areas including compliance with staffing operations.
- Responsible for the development, maintenance, and evaluation of a work environment that supports excellent patient outcomes and professional nursing practice on designated patient care units.
- Facilitates actualization of organizational and nursing department values into daily operations to promote safe, efficient, effective and caring nursing practice.
- Maintains collaborative interpersonal relationships and networking both intra and extra departmentally to achieve positive patient outcomes and compliance with regulatory/accrediting agencies.
- Monitors systems/ processes to optimize safe and effective care and patient flow addressing barriers and identifying resources required to maintain or exceed goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABOVE POSITION DESCRIPTION
|All successful candidates must undergo various background checks, maintain credentials required for continued employment and adhere to the SUNY-DMC UHB Principles of Behavior. Clinical Faculty and Allied Health professionals must receive and maintain Medical Board authorization.|
- Current New York State Registered Nurse License.
- Masters degree in nursing or related field.
- Five (5) - seven (7) years of recent clinical nursing maternal/child health management or leadership experience.
- Nurse Administrator - advanced certification required within the first two years of assuming the role.
|Posting ID: 19036||Ref #: M/C-51468-20|
Persons interested in the above
position should submit a resume along with a cover letter to ==>
Please include: Job Title( TH ASSOCIATE ADMINISTRATOR/ DIRECTOR OF NURSING ), Line( 51468 ) and PostingID( 19036 )
Closing date for Receipt of application: Open Until Filled
SUNY Downstate Medical Center offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familiar status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or criminal conviction.