STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
· DOWNSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
450 CLARKSON AVENUE, BOX 1194, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11203
|Department:||LIBRARY||Job Title:||Instructional Support Technician|
|Professional Rank:||SL-3||Descriptive Title:||Instructional Support Technician|
|Salary Range:||COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS||Line Number:||Line# 23483|
|Additional Position Information: *Please ensure you include the 5-digit Line Number and Job Title in the subject line and body of your email submission. Brief Description of Duties:|
Brief Description of Duties:
Are you looking to take your career to new heights with a leader in healthcare? SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation's leading metropolitan medical centers. As the only academic medical center in Brooklyn, we serve a large population that is among the most diverse in the world. We are also highly-ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers, among the top 5 leading U.S. medical schools for training doctors.
The Library department at SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is seeking a full-time Instructional Support Technician. The successful candidate will:
- Monitor and maintain AV systems in the Auditorium, Lecture Halls, Classrooms and Conference rooms.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software and hardware issues related to AV delivery on Mac and Windows platforms.
- Assign personnel for timely AV delivery, support and pick ups.
- Handle last minute or emergency requests for AV services.
- Schedule distance-learning sessions that involve routing audio and video to the classrooms.
- Consult with clients, in preparation for high profile events.
- Oversee inventory, including adequate storage and recommendations for equipment upgrades or replacements.
- Assist in the preparation of program, project outlines, procedures and analyses of results.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Classroom Services website.
- Prepare and submit departmental requisitions for AV equipment.
- Manage AV budget.
- Serve on the Libraryís Management Team committee.
- Implement performance programs and performance evaluations for subordinate staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABOVE POSITION DESCRIPTION
|All successful candidates must undergo various background checks, maintain credentials required for continued employment and adhere to the SUNY-DMC UHB Principles of Behavior. Clinical Faculty and Allied Health professionals must receive and maintain Medical Board authorization.|
- Bachelorís Degree with management experience and excellent communications skills.
- Familiar with working with a computerized and or smart classroom system.
- Must have experience of computer operations and functions as it relates to Audiovisual.
- Must be detailed oriented and well organized.
- Works well within a group.
- Occasional nights and weekends required.
|Posting ID: 19109||Ref #: C/PR-23483-20|
Persons interested in the above
position should submit a resume along with a cover letter to ==>
Please include: Job Title( Instructional Support Technician ), Line( 23483 ) and PostingID( 19109 )
Closing date for receipt of applications:
|Internal Consideration Program: Open Until Filled||Off-campus recruitment: Open Until Filled|
SUNY Downstate Medical Center offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familiar status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or criminal conviction.