STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
· DOWNSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
450 CLARKSON AVENUE, BOX 1194, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11203
|Department:||PEDIATRICS||Job Title:||CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|Professional Rank:||C5||Descriptive Title:||CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|Salary Range:||COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS||Line Number:||Line# 23769|
|Additional Position Information: *Please ensure you include the 5-digit Line Number and Job title in the subject line and body of your email submission.|
Brief Description of Duties:
Are you looking to take your career to new heights with a leader in healthcare? SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation's leading metropolitan medical centers. As the only academic medical center in Brooklyn, we serve a large population that is among the most diverse in the world. We are also highly-ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers, among the top 5 leading U.S. medical schools for training doctors.
The Department of Pediatrics at SUNY Downstate is seeking a full time Pediatric Gastroenterologist for the expanding Division of Pediatric Gastroenterologist.
A large clinical service has been built through referrals from primary care pediatricians throughout the borough and from a diverse inpatient service.
Duties will be focused on working in the Pediatric G.I. practice (at UHB/UPB facilities and affiliated institutions), attending 2-4 sessions per week and being on call with the other attending in the Division.The successful candidate will:
- Be expected to perform procedures at University Hospital/ UPB Medical Office Facilities and rotate on the clinical service of the Pediatric Gastroenterology Division.
- Also be expected to participate in the Clinical Practice Management Plan of the Department of Pediatrics where he/she will be expected to assist with the development of various subspecialty practices within the Department.
- Be expected to supervise and teach medical students and fellows/residents, as well as to participate in Departmental functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABOVE POSITION DESCRIPTION
|All successful candidates must undergo various background checks, maintain credentials required for continued employment and adhere to the SUNY-DMC UHB Principles of Behavior. Clinical Faculty and Allied Health professionals must receive and maintain Medical Board authorization.|
- NYS Medical License as well as being Board Certified/ Board eligible in Pediatric Gastroenterology.
- Academic rank/ title will be determined based on credentials and experience possessed by the selected candidate.
|Posting ID: 19067||Ref #: A/PR-23769-20|
Persons interested in the above
position should submit a resume along with a cover letter to ==>
Please include: Job Title( CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR ), Line( 23769 ) and PostingID( 19067 )
Closing date for receipt of applications:
|Internal Consideration Program: Open Until Filled||Off-campus recruitment: Open Until Filled|
SUNY Downstate Medical Center offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familiar status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or criminal conviction.