STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
· DOWNSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
450 CLARKSON AVENUE, BOX 1194, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11203
|Department:||STUDENT HEALTH COUNSELING||Job Title:||DIRECTOR OF STUDENT COUNSELING|
|Professional Rank:||SL6||Descriptive Title:||DIRECTOR OF STUDENT COUNSELING|
|Salary Range:||COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS||Line Number:||Line# 49080|
|Additional Position Information: *Please ensure you include the 5-digit Line Number and Job Title in the subject line and body of your email submission.|
Brief Description of Duties:
Are you looking to take your career to new heights with a leader in healthcare? SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation's leading metropolitan medical centers. As the only academic medical center in Brooklyn, we serve a large population that is among the most diverse in the world. We are also highly-ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers, among the top 5 leading U.S. medical schools for training doctors.
The Department of Student Health Services at SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is seeking a part-time Director of Student Counseling Service. The successful candidate will:
- Direct and manage the student counseling service for all matriculated students (full and part-time) in all colleges at Downstate. Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Initial evaluation, screening and referral of students with academically related stress or other mental health issues that could interfere with personal performance.
- Provide individual counseling to students.
- Consult with and advise the Deans of various colleges, the Student Health Advisory Committee and the Director of Student and Employee Health Service.
- Evaluate and measure the effectiveness of current services and program offered by each functional area.
- Advise the Residential Life staff and provide educational in-service orientation to them as needed.
- Ensure the Student Counseling Service is offering the most effective and beneficial prevention programming available, including issues such as stress management and relaxation, wellness, assertiveness training, and coping strategies.
- The Director must establish positive working relationships with Deans and program faculty, advise some individuals on issues relating to the psychological well-being of the matriculated student population as needed, and serve as a member of the Student Health Advisory Committee.
- This position is 20-hours per week: two 8-hour days and one half-day late afternoon or early evening, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABOVE POSITION DESCRIPTION
|All successful candidates must undergo various background checks, maintain credentials required for continued employment and adhere to the SUNY-DMC UHB Principles of Behavior. Clinical Faculty and Allied Health professionals must receive and maintain Medical Board authorization.|
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. from an APA accredited clinical psychology or counseling program.
- New York State Psychologist licensure.
- Candidate should be well prepared to work with a full range of mental health challenges and have strong clinical skills, a knowledge of cultural differences and the interest and ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Candidate should have prior leadership and/or management experience in a clinical setting, and demonstrated organizational and administrative skills and abilities.
- The ability to provide mental health consultation for faculty and staff is essential.
- Experience in a college or university counseling center is strongly preferred.
|Posting ID: 18889||Ref #: FAC/49080-19|
Persons interested in the above
position should submit a resume along with a cover letter to ==>
Please include: Job Title( DIRECTOR OF STUDENT COUNSELING ), Line( 49080 ) and PostingID( 18889 )
Closing date for receipt of applications:
|Internal Consideration Program: Open Until Filled||Off-campus recruitment: Open Until Filled|
SUNY Downstate Medical Center offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familiar status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or criminal conviction.